Our calendar is available in an easy-to-use digital format from two sources:
1. Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle and click the link for your "Recycling Schedule."
- You can see and print six months of a schedule that shows only the recycling days for your address.
- You can choose to have an up-to-date version of this printable calendar automatically emailed to you every six months!
- This site also offers free downloads of digital recycling calendar files to sync with your existing Outlook, Google or iCal programs.
2. Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/PropertyExplorer and click the "Recycle Tool."
- This feature will specify your collection day and let you see a 12-month printable calendar that shows your collection weeks (you'll need to make note of your individual days).
In addition to calendars, we also offer free custom recycling reminders (via email, phone call, Tweet, text message or mobile notification) that can let you know when to set your cart out for recycling collection. Those can be subscribed to by visiting www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle and clicking the "Collection Reminder" link.
Thank you for helping Frederick County to recycle more and waste less!
Now you can get your recycling schedule- and reminders to set your cart out at the curb- right on your smartphone or tablet! Download our free app at www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle and you'll stay informed of: upcoming events, Christmas tree recycling, notification if weather affects your recycling collection, hazardous waste drop-off days, etc. Plus, the app contains a database of thousands of common items and information on whether to recycle, dispose or compost them (never wonder which bin to put something in!) with links to helpful resources. You can also use the app to report a recycling collection issue, in case you ever have a damaged cart or a missed recycling pickup. Download today!
We promptly place any changes to curbside recycling service (such delays for storms or shifts for holidays) on our Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/FrederickRecycles). We also post trivia, contest info and links to other helpful resources, only once or twice a week. But, in the crowded Facebook news feed, you may never see these posts...
After "liking" our page, hover your cursor over the word "Liked" and click the "Show in Newsfeed" setting. We only post occasionally, so we promise to only keep you up to date, not buried in spam!
Sign Up For e-News!
Our free quarterly newsletter delivers recycling information and stories, event announcements, curbside reminders and contests, all in a paper-free, spam-free format! Sign up here.